Monitor Audio WT165
Monitor Audio is a British owned specialist in hi-fi loudspeaker design, incorporating stereo and surround sound systems, and a range of sonically matched installation speakers for ultra discreet high quality sound around the home and outside.
Whatever your taste and budget, youll discover a Monitor Audio speaker that, with a combination of superior design and build, offers great sound. Since hi-fi was in its infancy, Monitor Audio has dedicated all their technical expertise, innovation and craftsmanship to the creation of world-class loudspeakers.
By consistently refining and applying their technologies, Monitor Audio has become the worlds foremost expert in developing metal dome drivers. Metal is not the easiest material to work with, which is why many of their competitors choose paper or plastic. But it does have amazing properties for more life-like sound reproduction.
The C-CAM® drivers used in many of their speakers are very light, but very rigid and strong. This magical mix of properties leaves them light enough to respond to the finest musical nuance and tough enough to stay in shape while resisting the extreme bending forces of deep bass frequency reproduction. They can also be designed much smaller than conventional drivers and still reproduce, without distortion, sounds way beyond the limits of human audibility.
WE REGRET THAT MONITOR AUDIO PRODUCTS ARE FOR SALE IN THE UK AND THE CHANNEL ISLANDS ONLY.
- Price per speaker: £120.00
- Speaker type: Mono
- Power type: Passive
- Enclosure type: Open design
- Fire rating: UL94/V0
- Guarantee period: 60 months
- Weight: 2.2kg
- Bathrooms, Kitchen, Music, Home Cinema
- Other applications: Wall
- Alignment with ceiling: Flat
- Visible shape: Rectangular
- Visible colour: White (Paintable)
- Overall dimension: 368mm x 249mm
- Cutout dimension: 332mm x 213mm
- Overall depth: 95mm
- Mounting depth: 90mm
- Frequency range: 60hz - 25khz
- Impedance: 6 - 6 Ohms
- Compatible amplifier: 10 - 65 Watts RMS
- Sensitivity: 88.5dB
- Sound pressure: 107.4dB
Speaker Driver Information
- Tweeter: 1 pivoting
- Bass: 1 fixed flat (165mm)
Controls & Adjustments
- Frequency Controls: High
Monitor Audio invest as much care, expertise and research in the smallest loudspeaker as they do in the grandest. Irrespective of architecture or interior design, their range gives you the freedom to supply high quality sound from a versatile mix of floor, stand, wall and flush-mounted speakers. The WT165 is a brilliant in-wall speaker that is easy to install and has a clear, dynamic performance worthy of the brand.
- 2-way design with pivoting C-CAM® tweeters (15 degrees of play).
- High overall efficiency.
- High frequency level adjustment (+/-3dB).
- Timbre-match with BR-CP, Radius-CP, Climate and Bronze BR and Radius Series hi-fi speakers
- Innovative Tri-Grip fixing system is easier to install than conventional clamping schemes but provides three times the surface area and a better surface seal, maximising bass response and mid-range clarity.
- Aluminium magnetic, trimless alloy grille for rust-free performance and longevity. It is magnetic and lighter in weight.
- Paint-able surface to blend with the living environment. A paint mask and additional scrim material are provided for trouble free painting.
- Fire retardant to UL-94 VO rating.
- Splash and humidity proof for installation in shower room or pool areas.
- Features dust protection cover that is designed to prevent the ingress of dirt or dust into the driver and crossover.
Please note: The UL94/V0 Fire rating as advertised by Monitor Audio is a plastics flammability standard released by Underwriters Laboratories of the USA. In simple terms, compliance with the standard ensures that plastic subjected to intense heat, such as with a fire in the home, will melt but not ignite.
Whilst this is a valuable safety feature, it should not be regarded as a measure of fire safety compliance for UK Building Regulations. These require the installation of fire hoods that reinstate the fire barrier of the original ceiling when ceiling speakers are installed beneath a habitable living space. Hoody speaker hoods available on this website meet the requirements of Building Regulations for this purpose.
Other products you might be interested in
Hoody Intumescent Fire & Acoustic Hood 4