Monitor Audio AWC265
Monitor Audio is a British owned specialist in hi-fi loudspeaker design, incorporating stereo and surround sound systems, and a range of sonically matched installation speakers for ultra discreet high quality sound around the home and outside.
Whatever your taste and budget, youll discover a Monitor Audio speaker that, with a combination of superior design and build, offers great sound. Since hi-fi was in its infancy, Monitor Audio has dedicated all their technical expertise, innovation and craftsmanship to the creation of world-class loudspeakers.
By consistently refining and applying their technologies, Monitor Audio has become the worlds foremost expert in developing metal dome drivers. Metal is not the easiest material to work with, which is why many of their competitors choose paper or plastic. But it does have amazing properties for more life-like sound reproduction.
The C-CAM® drivers used in many of their speakers are very light, but very rigid and strong. This magical mix of properties leaves them light enough to respond to the finest musical nuance and tough enough to stay in shape while resisting the extreme bending forces of deep bass frequency reproduction. They can also be designed much smaller than conventional drivers and still reproduce, without distortion, sounds way beyond the limits of human audibility.
WE REGRET THAT MONITOR AUDIO PRODUCTS ARE FOR SALE IN THE UK AND THE CHANNEL ISLANDS ONLY.
- Price per speaker: £225.00
- Speaker type: Mono
- Power type: Passive
- Enclosure type: Open design
- Guarantee period: 60 months
- Bathrooms, Kitchen, Music
- Other applications: Wall, Outdoors, Marine
- Alignment with ceiling: Flat
- Visible shape: Circular
- Visible colour: White (Paintable)
- Overall diameter: 250mm
- Cutout diameter: 211mm
- Overall depth: 93.5mm
- Mounting depth: 88mm
- Frequency range: 60hz - 30khz
- Impedance: 8 - 8 Ohms
- Compatible amplifier: 20 - 60 Watts RMS
- Sensitivity: 88dB
- Sound pressure: 105.8dB
Speaker Driver Information
- Tweeter: 1 fixed angle
- Bass: 1 fixed flat (165mm)
Controls & Adjustments
- Frequency Controls: High
Don’t keep the sound you love inside the home, share it with family and friends on the patio, by the pool or on deck afloat on the ocean! When more of us are enjoying the freedom of recreation in the great outdoors, make the party with a burst of full-range fidelity from the new super-discreet weatherproof AWC series speakers, created specifically for sound outdoors.
Developed using all-C-CAM®* driver systems derived from our critically acclaimed hi-fi speakers, the four new All Weather In-Ceiling models are meticulously engineered with advanced levels of water, dust, corrosion, UV and temperature protection to provide outdoor audio installations with great sound and long-term reliability in the most challenging all-weather environments.
Discreet high performance, come rain or shine Monitor Audio has crafted generations of award-winning music and AV speaker systems to deliver jaw-dropping entertainment inside the home. With the AWC series, we’ve adapted the same innovative audio technologies for super discreet in-wall/ceiling applications. Not only will the new AWC designs reproduce our naturally rhythmic and fluid wide-band sound quality in the open air around pools, showers, Jacuzzis and marine decks, they’ll perform beyond expectations in the most discreet way possible by installing flush with exterior walls and ceilings.
The new AWC series comprises stylish two-way and models (AWC265 and AWC280) with single speaker stereo (T2) variants, the AWC265-T2 and AWC280-T2. Anodised black for stealthy in-wall/ceiling integration, the C-CAM bass drivers combine co-axially with Monitor Audio’s renowned C-CAM tweeters, which are twinned and angled on the T2 versions to deliver high performance stereo sound from a single unit where space is limited.
- High Performance C-CAM bass and high frequency drivers
- Stainless Steel ‘Trimless’ round grille – strong and resistant to corrosion. Square grille options also available separately.
- Non-ferrous Samarium Cobalt magnets for grille attachment – prevent rust and corrosion
- IP55 certified for Extreme climate conditions: Salt Spray, UV stability, Water, Vibration, Anti-corrosion
- Patented Tri-Grip dog leg fixings
- EPDM barriers to prevent moisture. EPDM is an extremely durable synthetic rubber membrane (ethylene propylene diene monomer)
- Gold plated push terminals with silicon cover (fig. A)
- Stainless fixing screws with Silicone covers (fig. B)
- Tweeter level attenuation (internal) – set prior to installation
- Applications: pool rooms, bathrooms, marine decks; universal outdoor installation.